Putting safety first
We don’t just talk about safety at Taranis Construction Ltd. We live it each day on every one of our construction sites. It’s part of who we are and how we do business. And its why Taranis Construction Ltd is considered a leader in the prevention of workplace accidents.
Our safety record speaks for itself, consistently above industry standards. Everyone on the Taranis Construction Ltd team – from employees to sub-contractors – is accountable for maintaining a vigilant approach to accident prevention and safe work practices throughout all stages of a project. While we follow legislative health and safety requirements, we consider these to be the minimum standard on all our projects.
To maintain safe and healthy working conditions we:
- Promote health and safety awareness, training and education
- Work closely with health and safety professionals to prevent accidents
- Encourage a pro-active approach to all health and safety issues
- Monitor workplace conditions and implement corrective measures where required
- Provide support to the Joint Health and Safety Committees
- Consistently evaluate employees’ and subcontractors’ safety performance.
Taranis Construction Ltd deploys a team of Health & Safety Coordinators to project sites to ensure employee safety through compliance with all corporate, local, provincial and federal workplace laws, rules and regulations. Our Occupational Health & Safety Manager is certified under the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations with specific experience in those required for concrete formwork, demolition and heavy civil work. He is also affiliated with the Canadian Society of Safety Engineering.